Tips You Should Know Self Loading Concrete Mixer
What is a Self Loader Concrete Mixer? Principle and Features
A self-loading concrete mixer is a machine that can self-load aggregates, weigh the batch, blend concrete, transport, and place it wherever required. It is hence a stand-alone machine that can complete the concrete mixing task by demanding a single person to operate the machine.
A self-loading concrete mixer is a unique concrete mixing machine that is widely used in the construction industry around the world. Many unique models of self-loading concrete mixers are available in the market, each having its advantages and disadvantages. All types are highway and all-terrain machines that is widely used in the construction of canals, residential, commercial, industrial buildings, and other construction applications.
Features of Self-Loading Concrete MixerOne of the important features of a self-loading mixer is its easy operation. Because of its self-loading design, it can automatically produce and transport concrete on-site.
Other features of a self-loading concrete mixer are mentioned below.
1. A self-loading concrete mixer is a multi-functional machine that is capable of self-loading all the concrete ingredients, mix, transport, and discharge.
2. Self-loading concrete mixer generally possesses a four-wheel-drive system that gives high traction to help the machine work in very soft clay site conditions.
3. It has a hydraulic-driven drum that offers high rotation that facilitates effective mixing operation. Once the mix is ready the drum can be lifted for fast and effective discharge of concrete.
4. The self-loading mixer has a metal bucket that enables the operator to load raw material to the drum.
5. The loading and mixing operations, the speed, and direction of the drum are all controlled from the cabin of the truck
6. A self-loading concrete mixer can be easily loaded in big trucks and transported to any long-distance construction site. This feature makes it suitable for small, narrow, and isolated construction sites.
Components of self-loading concrete mixerThe general components of a self-loading concrete mixer are
Loading systemThe loading system in a self-loading concrete mixer consists of a hydraulic shovel arrangement to load the material easily and accurately. Some of the manufactures offer shovels with a blade which enables to cut the cement bags while loading. The hydraulic system capacities vary depending on the load-bearing capacity of the mixer.
Weighing systemThe weighing system in a self-loading concrete mixer consist of computerized weighing equipment which controls and display the weight of the material
Mixing systemThe mixing system in the self-loading mixer helps in the mixing of aggregate and cement fed to the mixing drum with water provided from an independent water supply system or through a manual supply. This mixing drum is energized by a sufficiently powered engine to deliver a homogenous mixture and quality concrete.
Discharging systemThe discharging system in the self-loading mixer gives choice to the operator to discharge the concrete mix at different angles and heights. The discharge system can be adjusted by the operator by controlling the mixing drum angles to provide discharge in various heights. The adjustment of drum angles can be done by a handle shank in the operator cabin
Wheel systemThe self-loading mixer comes with a 4-wheel drive wheel system which enables the operator to manure through the toughest terrains in the construction site very easily. These mixers are equipped with high resistant engineering tires.
Working principle of self-loading concrete mixerThe complete concrete mixing process can be performed by a single operator. Initially, cement is displaced manually in the bucket, and water is fed into the drum. Its unique bucket loading operation collects sand and aggregates load the rotating drum quickly and efficiently. The high-speed rotating drum ensures to give a homogenous concrete mix, which can be transported and placed wherever required. Hence self-loading concrete mixer reduces extra labor and concrete transportation cost.
Specifications of self-loading concrete mixersThe self-loading concrete mixers are available in different specifications and capacities which help the user to choose according to the workload and size of the sites. Some of the common specifications available in the market are as below;
1.Discharge Capacity – 1200 – 5500 L
2.Concrete output – 4.8m3/h – 22m3/h
Advantages of self-loading concrete mixer
Self-loading concrete mixer can self-load, mix and discharge concrete in different heights and angles – Enables long time efficiency and cost saving.
- It ensures labor cost saving – An expected saving of 3- 5 labor/ day
- Increase working efficiency and productivity
- Avoid manual handling
- Concrete mix with uniformity and quality
- Compact and easy to use
- Single operator machine
- Safe operation
- Easy maintenance
- Easy to transfer from sites to sites
How to choose a self-loading mixerConsidering the improved efficiency, productivity, and labor cost saving offered by the self-loading mixers, it is a valuable choice of investment. But since these are expensive, making the right choice would be very essential.
Below are some factors that need consideration while buying self-loading concrete mixers
1. Choosing the right brandCompare all the existing self-loading concrete mixer brands which offers our needs and specification. Always prioritize brands with good sales and after-sales track records.
2. Spare partsThe availability and reliability of spare parts will be key for the uninterrupted service of the mixers. Always look for suppliers with an established network for spare parts distribution. Other than this, the cost of spare parts and maintenance schedule also needs to be studied.
3. SupplierThe supplier evaluation needs to be done before procuring the mixer. This can be easily performed by evaluating the export cases of the supplier, cost offered, after-sales support, onsite support, and feedback from existing customers if available.
The self-loading mixers are best suited in construction sites where batching plants are unavailable. These mixers are an effective choice for the time-bounded construction site. The common application included in heavy constructions like bridge and tunnel, maintenance of concrete pavements, highways, foundations, and high-speed railways, etc.
More information please visit https://www.junhuamachinery.com/5-Common-Causes-of-Concrete-Pump-Blockage-and-How-to-Avoid-Them-n.html